Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Almost Thanksgiving... What?!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post... Sorry about that. I've been really busy getting a tan at the beach... just kidding. Young Life has been continuing in full force down here! Matt and I have been spending the majority of our time visiting high schools, meeting new kids and building stronger relationships with the students we already know. It's been really fun for me to start the transition of "Hey, I'm this girl who hangs out at your school." to "Hey, let's hang out this weekend... can I have your number?" and see the girls' reactions when they realize I actually want to spend time with them and think they're cool. It's great.

On top of that, we've now had 5 official Young Life clubs in Puerto Rico! God provided us with a new meeting location, so we're now meeting at a rotary club that is more centrally located in San Juan than our last location. It has a great parking lot for kids to hang out before club and for us to have an "after party" after club... complete with music, light up frisbees and even root beer floats! To give you a little insight to the madness that goes on in our clubs, I'd like to introduce you to Milton... a nerd who often comes in and interrupts everything while I'm attempting to give announcements. The kids love Milton... they often tell Matt that Milton looks just like him. This week we decided to make Milton a Facebook profile so the kids can interact with him even when they're not at club... check out his profile picture below!
Milton... being a nerd... typical. 

On another note: I actually did take a day off yesterday and went to El Morro... one of the old Spanish forts located in Old San Juan. It was a beautiful day (the weather is really nice here this time of year)... and was so great to just lay on the grass, relax and read books all day. If anyone wants to come visit me... you can see this in person! That kind of sounds like a bribe and well... it kind of is.
El Morro... aka my version of the South Mall on UT campus

Love you guys so much! Thanks for keeping me and YLPR in your prayers... more updates soon!
-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment