Friday, February 4, 2011

YLPR... we're official.

Great news. YLPR is official... we now have an office! This has been very needed and very prayed for by us and many of you for a long time, and God has provided us an incredible place!! The office is located in the center of the city- walking distance from Sagrado Corazon, a large university and from the major business district of San Juan. Matt and I have had a great time in the past week shopping for furniture, getting moved in and starting to dream about how God will use this place. It will be great for committee meetings, for kids to come hang out and for us to have leadership training. But, the thing I'm most excited about is how I think God will use it to start creating a really compelling community here.

Community... REAL community... people who just live life together and care about each other is something that's hard to come by here. I have been really blessed to make great friends since I've moved here, but the desire for a community that can bring together all the people we know is growing stronger. I can not wait for God to use this place to bring people together... people that are in different life stages, have different levels of influence and different beliefs. I can't wait to really have a place where we can invite people in to be a part of our lives. I can't wait for this to be a safe place for any of our friends to come and hang out... a place where they know they are welcome and loved and accepted.

The thought of that makes me come alive inside... The potential of this place is almost overwhelming. The coolest part of it to me is that 3 months ago, I wouldn't have felt this way. God has started growing my heart for Puerto Rico and the people here in a beautiful way... in a way that only He can do.

So please join me in praying for that... in praying that people will know they are loved by us and we want them in our lives... without an agenda... we just want to know them and let them know us.

I will write more soon... thank you for supporting me so well in all of this, and for praying for me and with me!

Love,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment